In addition to handling larger projects, we also offer a number of turn-key solutions:
- Geologic Prognoses for planned wells
- Include automated and precise calculations of formation dip, swing-out, landing point, lateral length, etc.
- Include map and cross-section views illustrating surface hole, landing point, and bottom-hole locations relative to bounding formations (serve as quick visual QC tools to reaffirm that calculations are done correctly)
- 4-point Pseudo Surveys for planned wells
- Automatically generated from and included with each geologic prognosis
- Compatible with O&G industry mapping software (Petra, Geographix, Kingdom, etc.)
- Clearly shows surface-hole location, kick-off point, landing point, and bottom-hole location… in three dimensions (e.g., within seismic and on development-plan maps)
- Readily recognized as being planned wells (while not being mistaken as drilled wells)
- Rapidly implementable, allowing all the benefits of visualization without having to wait for an official drilling plan from a surveying company
- Adjusted Pilot Hole Logs for Geosteering (thickening or thinning stratigraphic intervals where warranted)
- MWD logs in the landing curves of lateral wells often demonstrate changes in stratigraphic sub-unit thicknesses compared to the nearest pilot holes, warranting an adjustment of the pilot hole logs prior to geosteering
- Adjusting stratigraphic intervals improves ease of geosteering and accuracy of end product
- Helps prevent false faults and exaggerated dips in geosteering interpretations
- Improved geosteers also improve communication with management, completions engineers, drilling engineers, reservoir engineers, etc.
- Helps avoid flawed completion, drilling, and field development plans based on unrepresentative geosteers
- Allows data extracted from geosteers to more accurately improve seismic velocity models
- Improved stratigraphic correlations aid in improving multivariate modeling (e.g., for enhancing future well placement, wellbore design, completion design, etc.)
Interested in a free sample? Contact us.